Very public display of innermost neuroses aside, what food event you say? This one. Some really cool people from some really cool restaurants in Montreal, are cooking, yep, some really cool burgers in a competition to help an amazing organization help some amazing street kids get back on their feet. Today I met my Chef, owner and partner in crime. He's cool, charity close to his heart, he's cooked with the poor and in monasteries for orphans. I can't wait to tell you more about him. Let the burgers be made and the games begin. I assure you, there will be blood ...but in a good way! Come on!
|Amazing organization and team GDS ...|
Now, since my stories are human ones and will come to you after said event takes place (and I've consumed everything and talked to everyone and shot countless pics and procured secret recipes and for sure have gotten myself into some predicament or other) I leave you with a pesto recipe. A very different one. You'll love it. Ready?
Time to dish.
Sage and Garlic Stem Pesto
Here is what you need ...
- One bunch of garlic stems
- One cup of peppery extra virgin olive oil
- Two big handful of walnuts
- Two big handful of pecans
- Half of a bunch of sage leaves
- Sea salt
- Parmesan or Romano (optional, I did not add any cheese to this one and it was awesome)
Here is what to do ...
- Ready, this is a doozy ... place all your ingredients in a blender, or mortar and pestle if you have a big enough one and blend! or mash!
Enjoy on toast for breakfast, with or without a juicy tomato, over fresh pasta, as a marinade for lamb or any other animal you enjoy, over fried or cocotte eggs and then crack the yolk in there, in crepes with asparagus and some super sharp cheddar...and so on...and so forth ...