I will call it ... Lovefatday.
A day, when lard is lord! Where butter is baron and porc is prince! A day where suet is shah! A kingdom of corpulence! Where gras and skin and oil and cheese and pig and all things fatty can be celebrated in all of their oilygreasyglory!
Long live Lovefatday!
And yes, I do sometimes imagine a village where clouds are puffy pork rinds and rivers are melted boar bacon fat and sometimes the treetops are cotton candy but instead of sugar it's deconstructed bacon with maple syrup... I imagine I will call it ...Fatland. Where we celebrate Lovefatday. And swim in boar fat (which would really keep our skins supple) and bite bacon clouds.
I'm going to go back back under the covers now.
Sore bronchial tubes and hacking cough. Illness possible cause for wacky post. Long live Lord Lard!
Time to dish.
In honor of Lovefatday, I present you:
Lovingly wrapped Boar Bacon Sweet Potato Fries
Photo credit health bent. Edited by yours truly. Was too busy stuffing my face to take any. Fat!
|Is it wrong of me to want to insert Angelina Jolie's leg in here ...#Iblametheilness|
Here is what you need:
- Boar bacon, thinly sliced
- Sweet potatoes, cut into french fries, as thick or thin as you like them
- Duck fat (what?! it's Lovefatday!)
- Sea salt flakes
- Tiny amount of finely ground lemon zest
Here is what to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Here we go. First, grate your lemon zest, about a half of a teaspoon, and mix it with the salt flakes. Then, render your duck fat in a frying pan and then let cool enough to be manageable but still liquid. Coat your sweet potatoes in this fatty glory and coat the bottom of your oven dish in it. Now, wrap each duck fat coated sweet potato fry, lovingly, in one thin slice of boar bacon, and lay them down nicely side by side.
- Roast at 425 for about 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are "soft". Once thats done, turn on the broiler and crisp up that bacon! Keep an eye on it though.
- When they are done, take them out sprinkle the with the lemon sea salt flakes, and serve them with an amazing blue cheese dip. Which I will give you the recipe for. Soon.
Happy Lovefatday dear readers!